1. After almost a month of break, the 2022 CEV Champions League comes back on the field to compete for the third round of the group phase. Trentino Itas will play in this occasion the second home event in its Pool E, playing against the French Champions of As Cannes Dragons, the only team that has not gained points in the round yet. Starting time at 20.30 p.m.
2. The points to be won in this occasion are particularly important for Trentino Itas that at the moment is in the second place in the ranking together with Fenerbahce. So as to keep fuelling the dream for the qualification to the quarter final (where all the first classified of the five rounds and the best three second access), a victory within at least four sets is needed. Because in the next turn the yellow-blue team will play the direct match in Turkey against Fenerbahce (January 26th).
3. The match of Thursday evening will be the first one for Trentino Volley and As Cannes Dragons. These teams have never played against one another before this occasion. Trentino Volley brags a long tradition against French teams. In the archives there are 10 matches (6 against Tours, 2 vs Chaumont and 2 vs Beauvais) with 7 victories of Trento who has always won the home matches against transalpine teams (5 out of 5).
4. On Thursday, Trentino Volley will play its 914th match in its history, the 189th international one, the 107th in CEV Champions League, competition in which there are 83 victories and 23 defeats. At BLM Group Arena, Trentino Volley won 42 out of 48 match played in Champions League. The last defeat was almost two years ago on February 13th 2020: 1-3 against Civitanova.
“This is a match we shall not fail because we know well how it is important to always achieve the maximum of the points possible in this kind of event if we want to pass the turn. We want to reach the away game in Istanbul at the end of January without regrets. To do so, we certainly need three points on Thursday evening, without forgetting the value of the French team and the beauty to be able to play this competition, which we should not take for granted”.
Head Coach of Trentino Itas
- All Time
Matey Kaziyski spiking above Cannes' block
Daniel Gruvaeus diving for a ball
TRENTINO Itas celebrating their 2nd win in Pool E
Photos featured on the CEV Photo Galleries are downloadable copyright free for media purposes only and only if CEV is credited as the source material. They are protected by copyright for all other commercial purposes. Those wishing to use CEV Photo Gallery photos for other commercial purposes should contact email@example.com
TRENTINO Itas v AS CANNES Dragons
The first international match of 2022 was great for Trentino Itas: the team won 3-0 against the French champions As Cannes Dragons this evening, in the match valid for the third round of Pool E of 2022 CEV Champions League. Thanks to this score, the yellow-blue team confirms the second place in the rankings, overcoming Fenerbahce thanks to the success of Perugia yesterday in Turkey. The run for the qualification to the quarters is still possible for the team of Lorenzetti.
- The match of this evening didn’t offer many emotional moments. Since the beginning, Trentino Itas was the strongest one in every fundamental, compared to Cannes that suffered in reception also due to the absence of Sossenheimer. Everything went well for the home team, as shown by the 9 aces and the 12 blocks made.
- Alessandro Michieletto was the best scorer of the match, scoring 11 times with 3 aces, one block and 50% in attack. But Lisinac offered the best percentage: 3 blocks with 86% in attack.
“It had been 10 days since we’d played an official match and we took advantage of this match to regain some rhythm, even if we made some mistakes in attack. We wanted a result like this in order to keep on hoping for the qualification for the quarters, but we know that the upcoming matches will be certainly more difficult”.
head coach of Trentino Itas
The match in numbers
The combined total number of points scored by both teams throughout the entire match.
The total length of the match, from the first serve through until the last point has ended.
Total number of people in attendance at the venue – taken at the end of the second set.
The combined total number of successful spikes achieved by both teams throughout the entire match.
An average of the two team service reception percentages from the complete match.
The number of successful point winning blocks of TRENTINO Itas compared to AS CANNES Dragons.
TRENTINO Itas number of service aces compared to AS CANNES Dragons
Errors leading to points of TRENTINO Itas, next to those from AS CANNES Dragons