1. Last match of Pool E for both teams. Perugia plays for the sixth consecutive victory, Fenerbahce plays for the second consecutive after the victory in Cannes.
2. Everything has already been decided for the standing of the two teams. Perugia is already qualified for the quarter-finals, Fenerbahce can no longer reach second place in Pool E.
3. Unlike the match played in Istanbul, Iranian setter Marouf will be on the Fenerbahce roster.
4. There is an ex on Wednesday night at PalaBarton. He is the Fenerbahce coach Daniel Castellani, in Perugia in the first part of the 2015-2016 season. He curiously took the place of Nikola Grbic, current coach of Perugia.
5. Attention of the Perugia wall, the best of the 4th Round with 2.5 walls for set.
“We are already sure of qualifying for the next phase, but we want to close Pool E with full points and earn a high ranking in the quarter-finals. A difficult match awaits us, Fenerbahce is an important team with important players ".
Middle blocker Sir Sicoma Monini PERUGIA
Sir Sicoma Monini PERUGIA
AddressPALA EVANGELISTI PIAN DI MASSIANO FOR SHIPMENTS PERUGIA
- All Time
Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL in team hug after scoring a point
Sebastian Sole in action
Alessandro Piccinelli receiving a serve under watchful eyes of Thijs Ter Horst
Photos featured on the CEV Photo Galleries are downloadable copyright free for media purposes only and only if CEV is credited as the source material. They are protected by copyright for all other commercial purposes. Those wishing to use CEV Photo Gallery photos for other commercial purposes should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sir Sicoma Monini PERUGIA v Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL
It was business like usual for Sir Sicoma Monini Perugia. The Italian team under guidance of coach Nikola Grbić seized their 6th straight-set victory in Pool E after beating Fenerbahce Istanbul at Pala Barton Perugia. The hosts dominated on the court from the beginning, the first set was Matthew Anderson's show, as he contributed with 9 points (70% in attack). Eventually, playing only in two sets he tallied match-high 13 points and grabbed MVP title. It was a great performance of Sebastian Sole (10 points, including 4 blocks). On the other side, Fenerbahce who played with setting magician Marouf, but even his magic was not enough to stop Perugia, who on a way to quarterfinals didn't drop a single set.
- Anderson rules the first set in his “Superman’s cape” scoring 7 points and 2 aces. The two consecutive points scored by Mengozzi close a set led by Block Devils (25-17).
- With five winning blocks, Perugia keeps the game running. Grbic rotates his players bringin into play Travica, Plotnytskyi, Ter Horst and Dardzans. Plotnytskyi closes the set 25-21.
3. 6 winning blocks set by Grbic’s team give the shape to third set. It is still Mengozzi to close the set (25-17).
4. The two teams are on the same wavelength when it comes to service. Both teams indeed score 6 aces in service but Perugia’s blocks (13-2) make the difference.
5. The MVP of today’s match is Matthew Anderson with 13 points scored, 2 aces, 1 winning block and 67% attack.
“These kind of matches are the most dangerous ones if they are not handeled in the right way. We already were on top of Pool E, they struggled to stay in the game...the risk was around the corner. The guys indeed played well. We have played improving every moment, controlling the whole match and giving all the players the opportunity to play tonight.”
head coach of Sir Sicoma Monini Perugia
The match in numbers
The combined total number of points scored by both teams throughout the entire match.
The total length of the match, from the first serve through until the last point has ended.
Total number of people in attendance at the venue – taken at the end of the second set.
The combined total number of successful spikes achieved by both teams throughout the entire match.
An average of the two team service reception percentages from the complete match.
The number of successful point winning blocks of Sir Sicoma Monini PERUGIA compared to Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL.
Sir Sicoma Monini PERUGIA number of service aces compared to Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL
Errors leading to points of Sir Sicoma Monini PERUGIA, next to those from Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL