- After finishing the Club World Championship 2021 in Betim, Brazil, with the bronze medal on Saturday night, Trentino Itas gets back on the court on Thursday 16 December for the first home match of its season in 2022 CEV Champions League. It will be the time to face Fenerbahce Istanbul for the second match of Pool E, at BLM Group Arena
- Trentino Volley and Fenerbahce have already confronted each other four times, in the double semifinal match of 2017 CEV Cup (one victory each on 28 March and on 1 April) and in the group stage of Champions League 2020 (two victories for Trentino Itas, at home on 12 December 2019 and in Istanbul on 30 January 2020).
- The match of Thursday night will be the first home match of December for Trentino Volley, that hasn’t played at BLM Group Arena since last 18 November (Trento-Piacenza 3-1).
- Trentino Itas chases the first victory of Pool E after the defeat of the opening match against Perugia; the three points at stake are essential to reach at least the second place, considering that Fenerbahce itself is at the top of the ranking with Sir Sicoma, thanks to the 3-0 victory against Cannes in the first round.
“It is a crucial match because we absolutely have to start to gain points after the defeat in the opening match in Perugia and if we want to qualify, we will have to race against Fenerbahce e Cannes. We play at home and we have to take advantage of the court; we are just back from a very long and demanding away game in Brazil, but we don’t have to look for an excuse right now.”
Trentino Itas Coach
"We started the Champions League with a win. We also had a good streak in the league. We crowned this by winning the Champions League as well. Trentino is one of the strongest teams in Italy. We will go there with this awareness. We will face a team of the best players in Europe. We will continue our fight until the last ball. We will show our best fight. A tough opponent, I hope it will be a game that will give pleasure to the audience."
Player of Fenerbahçe HDI Sigorta
AddressVia G.B.Trener 2 TRENTO
- All Time
Ready for the game
Salvador Hidalgo Oliva of Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL mastering the art of serving
Matey Kaziyski of TRENTINO Itas spiking over the block
Metin Toy of Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL with a great save
Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL team huddle
Photos featured on the CEV Photo Galleries are downloadable copyright free for media purposes only and only if CEV is credited as the source material. They are protected by copyright for all other commercial purposes. Those wishing to use CEV Photo Gallery photos for other commercial purposes should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TRENTINO Itas v Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL
The 2021 #CLVolleyM silver medallists of TRENTINO Itas claimed first victory in this year’s edition of the competition after outclassing at 3-0 the team of Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL. Collecting their first three points in Pool E, the players of head coach Angelo Lorenzetti are currently standing on second place in the group, where pool leaders are Sir Sicoma Monini Perugia.
* The first set set the tone for an exciting match ahead, with both sides chasing each other in the score. After a close call, three kill blocks (all by Daniele Lavia) turned out to be crucial for the hosts.
* The second one turned out to be the most important for the final outcome of the game. The guests from Istanbul were close to come back in the match and equalize (after some strong performance on the serve delivered by Salvador Hidalgo Oliva in the middle of the part, causing problems to Trentino’s reception). However, Matey Kaziyski stepped up on the serve himself (from 17-21 to 24-21), and Trentino, led by Lavia on spike and block, managed to turn things around. Inspired, the hosts stormed out in the third set, and closed easily the part.
* Overall, Trentino were slightly better on the winning spikes (43 to 38; 53% team efficiency). As many as 10 kill blocks (to three) made the difference for Lorenzetti’s squad. Both Trentino and Fenerbahce finished with seven aces each.
“We needed this victory to get back in the race, considering that we will have to fight against Fenerbahçe for qualification. Tonight, we have alternated good and less positive things, but the spirit has always been the right one.”
Head coach of Trentino Itas
The match in numbers
The combined total number of points scored by both teams throughout the entire match.
The total length of the match, from the first serve through until the last point has ended.
Total number of people in attendance at the venue – taken at the end of the second set.
The combined total number of successful spikes achieved by both teams throughout the entire match.
An average of the two team service reception percentages from the complete match.
The number of successful point winning blocks of TRENTINO Itas compared to Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL.
TRENTINO Itas number of service aces compared to Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL
Errors leading to points of TRENTINO Itas, next to those from Fenerbahçe HDI ISTANBUL