Grupa Azoty KĘDZIERZYN-KOŹLE
1. It will be the 16th duel between the two teams in European cups (Champions League, CEV Cup). The teams met for the first time on February 14, 2002.
2. The balance of cup matches is 6 wins for ZAKSA and 9 wins for Trento. The two most prestigious victories were achieved by ZAKSA, defeating the team from Italy in the final of the 2021 and 2022 Champions League.
3. In Wednesday's match, a new ZAKSA player will be able to play Bartosz Bednorz, who signed a 1.5-year contract with the team from Kedzierzyn Kozle. As a player of Azimut Leo Shoes and Skra Bełchatów, Bednorz played 20 matches in the Champions League and won the Italian Super Cup and the Russian Super Cup.
4. After playing in the Chinese league, Bartosz Bednorz already made his debut in the Polish Plus League in a match in Gdańsk against Trefl, lost by ZAKSA 1:3.
5. The interest in the meeting on the part of our fans is very high and we are not surprised at all. After all, the two finals of the Champions League took place in Italy and Slovenia and the fans were there only in a small group. Now everyone wants to see Europe's top two volleyball teams live. I hope that it will traditionally be a huge support for our team because, as we know, Polish fans are extremely expressive and supportive - emphasizes the president of the club from Kędzierzyn Koźle, Piotr Szpaczek.
1. Trentino Itas will be back in Poland for the twelfth time to try and close the Pool D unbeaten and with the highest ranking. After having conquered the first place in the final with one turn in advance, Angelo Lorenzetti’s team will face the two-time reigning champions of Groupa Azoty with the need of winning this match, so that it can keep its place among the first best ranked teams of the five pools. In that case, the team could be ranked at a higher place in the quarterfinals’ scoreboard of the competition in which the team already qualified.
2. Poland is the most visited country of the yellow-blue’s history, a total of 18 played matches and only 4 lost. The first overall match played there goes back to March 4th 2009 (3-1 victory for Czestochowa), while the last one was on December 2nd 2018, when the team conquered the World Champions title for the fifth time by winning against Cucine Lube Civitanova. Since then, the yellow-blue team never came back in this country.
3. The two clubs got a long series of direct competitions in the European Cups, and in fact, Kedzierzyn-Kozle is Trentino Volley’s most faced team counting eleven official matches. Besides the two finals of the previous editions (May 1st 2021 in Verona – 3-1 for the Polish team and on May 21st 2022 in Lubiana – 3-0 for the Polish team), the duel was played in the pool phase of 2012, 2013 and 2018 Champions League editions and in the CEV Cup 2015 semi-final. The toll counts 6-5 for Trento who, before the first round of the pool phase (won 3-1 on November 29th), lost the last four direct matches: in addition to the previous one in Verona and in Slovenia, there also are the matches played on December 20th 2017 in Poland (Zaska’s only home victory) and then on February 14th 2018 at the BLM Group Arena. Trentino Volley played at the Azoty Arena on December 22nd 2011 (tie break victory), on November 21st 2012 (victory in four sets) and on March 24th 2015 (another victory in five sets).
4. Trentino Volley’s tradition against Polish teams is positive: 16 victories out of 22 played matches, also taking into consideration of the three successes against Belchatow and Rzeszow and the two against Czestochowa and Jastrzebski.
5. Trentino Itas will show up in Poland without Oreste Cavuto and Srecko Lisinac, who will stay in Trento because of a different training program .
"I don't know if I will get a chance to enter the volleyball court in the first line up , but I still feel the thrill of returning to play in European competitions. I'm trying to catch up and match ZAKSA playing strategy. We do not hide our aspirations to advance to the next phase of the Champions League and defend the title of the Polish Champion, and of course we treat the clash with Trento with prestige hoping to stop Italian squad in front of our supporters in Azoty Hall."
Grupa Azoty KĘDZIERZYN-KOŹLE
: “Despite the certainty of the first place in the Pool D, we play this match with the highest level of focus and attention in order to improve, if possible, our ranking in the final scoreboard. It will not be easy to obtain a positive result on the reigning European Champions’ court, but we want to try anyway, especially to keep on going positively with our European journey and gain further certainties in our game”.
Head Coach TRENTINO Itas
First RefereeJuraj MOKRYSVKSecond RefereeBruno MUHACRO
How To Attend
ul. Mostowa 1, KĘDZIERZYN - KOŹLE, 47-223 Capacity: 3500
Grupa Azoty KĘDZIERZYN-KOŹLE
AddressMostowa 1A Kedzierzyn-Kozle
|29/03/2023||vs.||Go to Match Centre|
|16/03/2023||vs.||2 - 3||L||Go to Match Centre|
|07/03/2023||vs.||3 - 2||W||Go to Match Centre|
|15/02/2023||vs.||2 - 3||L||Go to Match Centre|
- All Time
- Birth Date: 5/24/1995
- Birth Place: Jawor
- Height: 198 cm
- Birth Date: 6/29/1994
- Birth Place: Krotoszyn
- Height: 204 cm
- Birth Date: 1/20/1997
- Birth Place: Zevenhuizen
- Height: 205 cm
- Birth Date: 5/31/1990
- Birth Place: Starachowice
- Height: 196 cm
- Birth Date: 7/25/1994
- Birth Place: Zabrze
- Height: 201 cm
- Birth Date: 5/15/1985
- Birth Place: California, CA
- Height: 202 cm
- Birth Date: 11/29/1987
- Birth Place: Kiev
- Height: 205 cm
- Birth Date: 1/8/1988
- Birth Place: POLAND
- Height: 195 cm
- Birth Date: 8/24/1989
- Birth Place: Hawaii
- Height: 183 cm
Grupa Azoty KĘDZIERZYN-KOŹLE's block
Alessandro Michieltto trying to win with Zaksa's block
Riccardo Sbertolli celebrating successful rally
ZAKSA's trophy collection
MVP Alessandro Michieletto
Photos featured on the CEV Photo Galleries are downloadable copyright free for media purposes only and only if CEV is credited as the source material. They are protected by copyright for all other commercial purposes. Those wishing to use CEV Photo Gallery photos for other commercial purposes should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Grupa Azoty KĘDZIERZYN-KOŹLE v TRENTINO Itas
Fantastic atmosphere. Driven by huge support of gathered fans , the hosts dominated the first set, excelling in the counterattack. 5:2 after Łukasz Kaczmarek's attack and 7:3 after Aleksander Śliwka's counterattack. Coach Angelo Lorenzetti quickly asks for time, but it doesn't help. The blocked Matey Kaziyski releases a "balloon" that missed the court and ZAKSA jumps ahead to 9:4. The action of the set took place at 16:8 after the service ace of Bartosz Bednorz. The action of Trento was stopped 3 times by the players of the Polish Champion, defending the ball that could not be picked up in the field, and the captain of ZAKSA, Aleksander Śliwka, hit undefensively and ZAKSA scored a point (17:8). In the first set, the club's European champions blocked players from Trentino as many as 4 times and with Bednorz's 75% effectiveness in attack, they clearly won the opening set 25:17.
Volleyball poetry! This is the only thing that can be said about ZAKSA's game in the second set. Itas demolished! Only the beginning indicated that something was going to happen. The team from Italy took the lead 4:3. In a moment, Bednorz equalized and from that moment the Kędzierzyn express train set off. Again, coach Lorenzetti's timeout (8:5) did not help because Kaczmarek and Śliwka gave ZAKSA the lead 13:7. Players from Italy even tried to bounce balls with their feet, but it didn't work. Two aces from Bednorz and an unbelievable score of 21:10 on the board and a clear 25:15 win in a second part. In the second set, the Italians were unable to block the opponent even once and their perfect reception dropped to 9 percent, and ZAKSA scored 16 points in this set with its own attacks!
The fact that the team from Italy is a high-class team could be seen in the third part. The guests definitely improved their reception and ZAKSA made more mistakes on the serve (as many as 6). Alessandra Michieletto's block on Kaczmarek (5:1) added spirit to the guest team and after a while the ball was attacked by Wout D'Heer and it became 11:5 for Trento. Michieletto, the best player in this part of the game, finished the set with an ace. Trentino won the third part 25:18.The "master battle" took place in fourth set. Until 16:13 for the visitors, none of the teams managed to achieve more than a two-point advantage. And then, until the end of the set, the scoreboard showed mostly draws: 18:18 (Bartłomiej Kluth's attack) 20:20 (David Smith's ace) 23:23 (Śliwka's attack).
The last point is scored by the visitors after blocking Śliwka and they win 25:23, leading to a 2:2 draw and paving the way to a tie break. The beginning of the last set is an excellent block performance by Itas (Marko Podrascanin) and 5:1 for the visitors. This four point advantage holds until the sides switch and after Lavia's attack there is 8:4 on the tablescore. ZAKSA fought until the end and after Kaziyski's attack that missed the court , they were losing only 11:12, but it was Kaziyski who scored another point and in a moment Itas could enjoy the victory. (15:12). This is the second win in the group of the team from Italy with the defending European Club Champion. Alessandro Michieletto was named MVP of the match.
The match in numbers
The combined total number of points scored by both teams throughout the entire match.
The total length of the match, from the first serve through until the last point has ended.
Total number of people in attendance at the venue – taken at the end of the second set.
The combined total number of successful spikes achieved by both teams throughout the entire match.
An average of the two team service reception percentages from the complete match.
The number of successful point winning blocks of Grupa Azoty KĘDZIERZYN-KOŹLE compared to TRENTINO Itas.
Grupa Azoty KĘDZIERZYN-KOŹLE number of service aces compared to TRENTINO Itas
Errors leading to points of Grupa Azoty KĘDZIERZYN-KOŹLE, next to those from TRENTINO Itas
"We are very happy with this win, especially since the first two sets didn't work out for us. However, I have very good and experienced players who, however, had to rise to the heights of their skills because ZAKSA played really great until the end."
head coach of Trentino Itas
"We regret that we did not follow suit in the third set. However, the Italians are an excellent team, which they showed at a distance and we made a lot of mistakes in the second part of the match and hence the loss. I also did not manage to maintain the proper level of play until the end of the match, but I believe that we will still meet Trentino ... in the final of the Champions League"
outside hitter of Grupa Azoty Zaksa Kędzierzyn-Koźle